Please LIKE US on our official Facebook page and follow us on

You can find us on


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Donating is quick and easy; we have a good selection of ways you can donate via our website. To donate just click on one of the buttons below that best suits your needs.

bt mydonate
JustGiving Donate Donate by Post
Donate JustGiving

Download Gift Aid Form Here


Gift Aid explained

Donate even more - at no additional cost to you

If you pay any tax at all, even on saving, Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund can reclaim the tax you pay on your donations through the Gift Aid scheme.

What is Gift Aid?

When you make a donation to us, we are able to claim back the tax that you have paid on the donation. This mechanism is called Gift Aid and amounts to an extra 25p for every £1 that you give*.

How does it work?

If you give £10 to us and you are a basic rate taxpayer (20%), you will have paid £2.50 in tax on the gross donation (to take home £10, you will have earned £12.50 before tax). Charities are able to reclaim this £2.50 back from HMRC.

Who is eligible?

You must be a UK taxpayer for your donation to qualify for Gift Aid. This can either be Income or Capital Gains Tax, but you must have paid enough in the tax year that you make the donation to at least cover the amount that the charity will claim (25p per £1).

What do I have to do?

If you would like us to Gift Aid your donation, you will need to inform us that you are a UK taxpayer and you would like us to reclaim the tax on your donation. You can do this by filling out our Gift Aid Declaration form, or by calling 01904 799151 and making an Oral Declaration over the phone. In order to claim Gift Aid, we need at least your surname and initials and your house number/name and postcode.

Do I need to fill in a Gift Aid form each time I donate?

No - one form covers all future donations, but you must inform us if your circumstances change e.g. if you change address or you no longer pay tax. We can also use your declaration to claim Gift Aid on any previous donations made within the past four financial years.

I have collected sponsorship money for taking part in the Great North Run. Can you claim Gift Aid on my donation?

In order to claim Gift Aid on sponsorship from an event, we require a completed Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund sponsor form. You can request a sponsor form by contacting the Fundraising Team on 01904 799151. Each person who sponsors you needs to fill in the form using their surname and initial and house name/number and postcode, and tick the Gift Aid box to confirm they are a UK tax payer, in order for us to claim Gift Aid.

Please note that if you are taking part in an event where you are receiving something of high value in return, such as an overseas trek, a parachute jump or a long distance bike ride, donations from close relatives cannot be considered for Gift Aid. A 'close relative' is defined as a spouse, parent, child, sibling or close relative's spouse. If you are unsure, please contact us.

I have collected money at a fundraising event/funeral. Can you claim Gift Aid on my donation?

If your donation has been collected from more than one person, we require a Gift Aid declaration from each person who has given in order to claim Gift Aid. Our Gift Aid donation envelopes are an easy and effective way of asking your donors to make a declaration. They simply put their cheque or cash in the envelope and fill in their details on the front. You can request Gift Aid envelopes by contacting our Fundraising Team on 01904 799151.

I have raised money by selling cakes at a fair. Can you claim Gift Aid on my donation?

If you sell items at a set price, we cannot claim Gift Aid. However, if you ask for a voluntary donation in return for your items, and then ask your donors to fill out a sponsor form and tick the Gift Aid box, we can claim Gift Aid on the money raised. The only downfall to this method may be that people give you less for your items than you'd hoped for!

What about Higher Rate taxpayers?

If you pay a higher rate of income tax, either at 40% or 50%, you can claim the difference between the basic rate of tax reclaimed by us and your highest rate. You can choose to either keep this relief for yourself or donate it to us. This can be done via your self assessment tax return by including our charity code – XT31889. For more information about how to do this, and the amount that this relief could be worth to you, visit the Institute of Fundraising's guide.


Give with confidence

Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fundis a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB). This means that you can donate money to us with complete confidence. Find out more about the fundraising promise that we have made below.

The fundraising promise

Give to Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund with confidence. The fundraising promise outlines the values and standards that we have signed up to as a member of the FRSB.

We are committed to high standards

We are open and honest

We are clear

We are respectful

We are fair and reasonable

We are accountable

We adhere to a fair complaints procedure.


Make a complaint

Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund is committed to improving the lives of people affected by bone cancer.  Our policy is to work to minimise the risk of complaints through the development of comprehensive policies and procedures, however we value and welcome all types of feedback.

Principles of Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund Complaints Procedure

We seek to ensure that:

  • complaints are dealt with consistently throughout Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund
  • complaints are listened to and investigated thoroughly
  • complaints are acknowledged speedily and recorded
  • complaints are dealt with in an appropriate, fair and timely manner
  • we learn from the complaint.

The complaints procedure

You can make a complaint using our online feedback form or by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person.

If you know which department is relevant to your complaint, or the name or job title of an appropriate member of staff, you may make your complaint directly to them.

You can make a complaint by telephone, fax, email or in person.

If you are unsure who to contact, please write to:

The Company Secretary
Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund
Acomb House
23 Front Street
YO24 3BW

If you wish to discuss any issues or feedback please phone 01904 799151.

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving a complaint and send a formal response within three weeks.

You can also make a complaint directly to the FRSB at:

Fundraising Standards Board
Hampton House
20 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7JT

Call 0845 402 5442

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Find out more on the Fundraising Standards Board's website. 

If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Charity Commission (0870 333 0123 or


Your personal information

If you use our complaints procedure, you are agreeing that we can use any personal information you send us for purposes connected with your complaint.  We shall only give your personal information to other people and organisations if you have given us permission to do so.

The Fundraising Standards Board & Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund

We are a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB). The FRSB is the body for self-regulation of fundraising in the UK. The FRSB scheme is open to all fundraising organisations. As a member of the FRSB, Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund agrees to adhere to the highest standards of good practice with our fundraising and a Fundraising Promise. You can read the Fundraising Promise on the FRSB website. You are entitled to take your complaint directly to the FRSB. Their contact details are: Fundraising Standards Board, 61 London Fruit Exchange, Brushfield Street, London E1 6EP. Telephone: 0845 402 5442 Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .


Charity number: 1144188

Become a fan on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter